Stacey aka @staceeykern is from Melbourne's Outlaws Allstars - is part of the International all girl level 5 Kelly Girls team and is a LOVELY, sweet and very talented cheerleader! She is a wonder woman main base with super strength, who has been cheering for 11 years (WEAPON) and hardcore tumbling abilities. Plus she has also ticked a top 4 place at Worlds off her bucket list to boot! Here is Stacey and her 8 for Eights!
1. What got you into cheerleading?
I started in gymnastics (and sucked)* so I ended up doing the cheer team at my gym instead and haven’t looked back! *her words not ours
2. How would you describe your style (tumbling / dancing / basing / flying)?
I’m a main base but I looove tumbling too!
3. All-time favourite cheer team and why (can be one you have been in or your dream team)?
OO5 are one of my favs! Their routines are always super entertaining and insanely well-executed! Panthers are also such a bad-ass team!
4. Who are your idols and why do you look up to them?
Karolyne Day and Hunter Davis for sure - both insane tumblers and super humble.
5. In your eyes, who has the best cheer account on Instagram?
6. What motivates you to keep cheering?
I absolutely love my Outlaws family, there is nowhere I’d rather spend my time than messing around with them!
7. Current skill you are working on?
I’ve had a mental block on doubles for a few months so hopefully putting that back on the floor! Also trying to get consistent toe fulls which is super fun!
8. Biggest comp that you have been in your career, the highlights and did you place?
My biggest comp was Worlds this year, where we placed 4th both days - that was definitely a highlight as we placed higher than US teams that had won in previous years.
Winning grand level 5 at 2017 nationals was also a highlight for me, long live KG17 !!
Follow Stacey on social media to keep up to date on her cheer life and EIGHTS life!